BURN INJURY LAWYER
IN BOCA RATON, FLORIDA
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
For years, clients of Whisler Law Firm have enjoyed the highest quality of care and legal representation in all practice areas. If you or a loved one have suffered a burn injury or been otherwise harmed by the negligence or inattention of another, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your losses. Regardless of the nature of your accident, we will be here to help.
Whisler Law Firm encourages you to focus on recovery while we pursue compensation from the at-fault party. Our firm will handle every step of the legal process, from the initial evaluation of your claim to the maximum settlement at closing. Burn injuries can be devastating and costly, do not navigate these highly nuanced legal matters alone.
Burn injuries are traumatic ordeals; victims of these injuries are left with substantial, psychological, and financial burdens. Scarring is often the least of one’s worries, with blood loss, partial paralysis, and infections commonly reported. Emotional distress from a burn injury may also weigh heavily on burn victims.
Burn injuries are medically separated into three degrees:
- First-degree burns – Minor burns to the epidermis or outermost layer of the skin fall into this category. The skin will appear red, dry and painful to the touch. There is no blistering or noticeable long-term scarring.
- Second-degree burns – Burns to the outer and second layer of skin (the dermis) are classified as second-degree burns. These painful burns can cause blistering, scarring and swelling.
- Third-degree burns – These are the most severe burns a victim can suffer. Both outer layers of skin are burned through. The burn has penetrated the deepest layer of skin, known as the hypodermis and can even reach the victim’s muscles, fat, tendons and even bones. The most burn can also be the least painful, as the affected area will feel numb due to damaged nerve endings.
Additionally, it is vital to identify the source of the burn. The different documented types of burns are as follows:
- Thermal burn – These burns occur when a victim comes into direct contact with fire or an extremely hot object. This type of burn may be further categorized into the following, dependent on the nature of the incident.
- Steam burns – Steam burns are burns caused by a vaporized liquid. Steam burns are more damaging than liquid burns because when steam comes into contact with skin, it condenses into liquid. The energy required for the steam to turn to liquid raises its temperature, resulting in a more serious burn than boiling water, which does not change its form or temperature when it hits skin.
- Flame burns – Occur when an individual has been burned by direct contact with fire.
- Contact burns – When a person touches a hot object, such as a stove or cooking iron, this is known as a contact burn. Generally, these burns happen most frequently in the home.
- Explosion burns – Being burned in an explosion can have catastrophic consequences, including disfigurement, the loss of a limb and even death.
- Chemical burns – A person can suffer a chemical burn by coming into contact with a harsh substance, such as chlorine, acid or bleach. This type of burn is most commonly seen in people who work in an industrial setting. Note that identification of the chemical that caused the burn is crucial to successfully treat the victim.
- Electrical burns – Electrical burns can be thermal, such as the victim’s skin being singed by a burning wire, or the injury can be due to an electrocution. Being electrocuted can have severe and lasting consequences. If an electrical current goes through the victim’s body, major internal injuries may result. It is highly advised to seek immediate medical attention if an electrical burn occurs, regardless of if the victim feels alright.
If you or a loved one have suffered a burn injury due to the recklessness or negligence of another, do not suffer in silence. Whisler Law Firm’s team of expert burn injury attorneys will pursue the maximum amount of compensation/award for your damages, allowing you and your family to focus on recovery. Damages that may be recovered through legal action include (but are not limited to):
- Current and future medical costs related to the accident. This includes surgeries, rehabilitation, and even mental care from a psychologist/therapist
- Loss of earning capacity as well as future wages caused by being out of work for an extended period of time due to the burn injury
- Property damage to the a fire/explosion
- The victim’s pain, suffering, and/or emotional anguish
Whisler Law Firm highly encourages victims to reach out to us and allow us to help. Our hearts go out to you, as we understand the pain and trauma that may arise from a burn injury. We are devoted to providing the gold standard of legal representation for you and your family, culminating in the maximum award possible for your damages. Focus on recovery and allow us to fight for you.
Located in Boca Raton, South Florida, our Burn Injury Lawyers are at your disposal for all questions.