TRAIN ACCIDENT LAWYER
IN HOLLYWOOD, FLORIDA
For years, clients of Whisler Law Firm have enjoyed the highest quality of care and legal representation in all practice areas. If you or a loved one have been injured or otherwise harmed by the negligence or inattention of a train operator, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your losses. Regardless of the nature of your accident, we will be here to help.
Whisler Law Firm encourages you to focus on recovery while we pursue compensation from the at-fault party. Our firm will handle every step of the legal process, from the initial evaluation of your claim to the maximum settlement at closing. Train accidents can be traumatic and costly, do not navigate these highly nuanced legal matters alone.
TYPES OF TRAIN ACCIDENTS
Travel by train is regarded as generally safe. In the U.S. in 2014, there were 769 railroad-related deaths, only 5 of which resulted from a train accident. Nonetheless, train-related accidents still occur, often with devastating consequences. Train accidents fall into one of four main categories:
- Pedestrian / Train Collision – A person is killed walking into the path of an oncoming train or along a train track.
- Train / Car Collision – Train tracks often intersect with roads. In some cases, a driver may think they can clear the intersection before the train crosses. In others, a driver may stop their car on the tracks while waiting for a light to change, unaware of the oncoming train.
- Train / Train Collision – While these are rare, the sheer size and speed of colliding locomotives presents an extremely dangerous situation.
- Derailment – A derailment occurs when a train loses its course and comes off of its track. This may potentially harm railroad workers, passengers, or occupants of nearby structures.
In order to avoid and prevent train accidents, Whisler Law Firm implores you to stay clear of moving trains, yield to them if approaching, avoid using train tracks/equipment for any kind of recreation, and never assume to know the train schedule.
For a free consultation and excellence without compromise, call us today at (833)-529-5677.
CAUSES OF TRAIN ACCIDENTS
Data from the United States Department of Transportation Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) demonstrates that the six most common causes of train accidents are:
- Human error
- Equipment failure or defect
- Heavy/improperly loaded cargo
- Signal or crossing failure
- Track failure
- Obstruction of train track
Following a train accident, victims may present a claim to recover these damages:
- Specific/Economic Damages—Past and future medical bills; lost wages; lost earning potential; necessary home or vehicle modifications; repair/replacement services such as child care or home and vehicle maintenance
- General/Non-Economic Damages—Physical pain and suffering; loss of consortium; emotional distress
Whisler Law Firm also strongly recommends those involved in a train accident to seek the legal counsel of an experienced professional, rather than trying to pursue damages alone. Having a decorated personal injury attorney from Whisler Law Firm will ensure the most favorable outcome for your case.
Our attorneys will review the details surrounding your accident, evaluate the strength of your claim, gather evidence to support your claim, and aggressively pursue compensation from the at-fault party. We want you and your family to focus on recovery in the wake of your accident, and let us fight for the maximum amount of compensation and justice you deserve.
For excellence without compromise, contact Whisler Law Firm today at (833)-529-5677.
Located in Hollywood, South Florida, our Train Accident Lawyers are at your disposal for all questions.
Don’t go in alone, get an ally who will fight for your rights.
Call the Whisler Law Firm for a free consultation today.
Train Accident Lawyer
in Hollywood, Florida